Monday, August 10, 2009

Words, my friends!

As long as I can remember
I liked to contemplate the choices of words I spoke.
This may be partly why I'm such a slow speaker.

Also, often times I would reconsider what I spoke after the utterance has come out.
"Was it really my best choice? Oh, I should have put it this way! Next time, I should use this word. No, that word!"

Another habit was to identify their equivalents in another language. If I'm speaking English, I may on the side have a search function for it in Korean running in the back of my mind. If I'm speaking Korean, I may be also thinking about how I'd express that in Spanish. Some times, if there is really a direct, interchangeable counterpart, it brings great joy to me to have found it. It's a little silly mind game I play with myself.

Then of course, my chosen career is about studying words and how they work in our minds. Words ARE very important to me.

So here it is, my stab at mixing them somewhat to explore what I can do with them in this vast world wide web.

I guess it'll be mostly in English, but may try other languages, too.

Just temporary snapshots of the ever-changing, chaotic state of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment